Cosrx Aloe Soothing Sun Cream Review

01:46:00


Did you know you should wear sunscreen indoors too? On days I don't wear make up I make sure I use SPF 40/50. If I am wearing a cushion, I will use a SPF 30 sunscreen. So today I am gonna share on this sunscreen from Cosrx. Plus, Cosrx is so popular these day, but let's see how this one flairs!


What is it:
Aloe Soothing Sun Cream is not just the normal sun cream. It not only completely blocks the UVA and UVB, but also moisturizes your dry skin. The combination of scientifically proven sun protection and natural ingredients and provide the skin protection layer. Even when you are under the strongest sun light, you have nothing to worry about. Hydrate your skin with the most powerful moisturizing ingredient aloe while protect from the daily sun light.


Why Aloe Soothing Sun Cream? 
Answer is an aloe vera leaf extract !
Aloe has been used as great ingredient for hydrating and moisturizing ever since 4,000 years ago. It was one of the favorite natural materials used by Cleopatra for her beauty care. Aloe vera has strong anti-aging effect by creating the powerful moisture layer on the skin while offering the deep soothing effect. Aloe Soothing Sun Cream contains 5,500ppm of aloe vera leaf extract.

When your skin is exposed to the strong sun light, it can be easily dehydrated as the moisture evaporates from the skin surface. Aloe Soothing Sun Cream protects your skin while preventing any further dehydration.


The packaging is very minimal as usual. Suitable for all skin types as stated too. But I still feel it's more suitable for dry skin types.


Ingredients:
Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Isoamyl P-Methoxycinnamate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Alcohol,Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, C14-22 Alcohols, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Arborescens Leaf Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Peg-100 Stearate, Silica, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Edta


How to use:
1) Apply adequate amount at the last step of basic skin care or 30 minutes before going out on a sun.
2) Reapply every two hours for the perfect sun protection during the outdoor activity.
3) Cleanse of with the cleanser when removing the sun cream.

But I normally apply this in the morning and don't reapply, since I am not under the sun frequently every day.


As you can see from the image above, the consistency is quite thick and creamy. It's best not to use too  much for oily skin types.

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: It not only completely blocks the UVA and UVB, but also moisturizes your dry skin.
I don't have dry skin but very oily skin instead. The consistency is rather thick for this sunscreen so applying a light layer is good enough if not it may turn out very oily and sticky, when over applied.
Claim 2: Aloe vera has strong anti-aging effect by creating the powerful moisture layer on the skin while offering the deep soothing effect.
Didn't cause any flare ups and was really gentle on my skin. But I feel oiler on days where I were to wear this. Certain sunblock caused me cyst acne so those are no-no. This one is good to go for me.
Claim 3: When your skin is exposed to the strong sun light, it can be easily dehydrated as the moisture evaporates from the skin surface. Aloe Soothing Sun Cream protects your skin while preventing any further dehydration.
Yes, there's a difference when I use this. I can feel like my skin looks healthier somehow. But the sebum production at the end of the day just turns me off still. This one doesn't leave your face matt after application and there's a little stickiness at the end. I blot off with a piece of tissue first, so my make up can better adhere on when applied.

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Plastic packaging, minimal with brand name and product printed at the front. Nothing very special with the packaging-as usual.

| Smell |
~ Smells like aloe, but not a very pleasing aloe smell. The smell doesn't linger on long after application too anyway.

| Color? |
~ White.

| Pros |
~ A sunscreen suitable for sensitive skin (ymmv).
~ No obvious white cast. yay.
~ Contains Aloe Vera which is great for soothing.
~ SPF 50 is a good amount for a sunny weather whole year round in Singapore.
~ Tube type, easily to dispense amount and hygienic.

| Cons | 
~ Not a matt finishing.
~ Needs to blot off the extra stickiness/oil after application.
~ Can't see through how much is left.
~ The ingredients list contains quite a number of acne irritant ingredients! So you might wanna patch test first.  >click this to check<

| Would I buy this again? |
I am really looking forward to try the klairs one so I would not be repurchasing this. I might consider to get this but it's not my HG sunscreen yet. I will be looking into all the different options available for now. So not gonna repurchase.

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Mybeautymoments, Online.

| Ratings on this product |
3/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just comment below x
Till the next time!

-Jean

You Might Also Like

0 comments