Etude House Soon Jung 2X Barrier Intensive Cream Review

19:06:00


Back to review on another moisturiser which I nicknamed it 'awesome'! Basically, I had been loving the products from the Soon Jung range from Etude House. So today I am going to share with you guys my thoughts on this cream. This would be the first product from the range I would like to talk on~


What is it about:
• Sensitive damage care solution which reduces skin irritation and cares damage.
• Slightly acid pH similar to skin acidity cares healthy skin.
• Shea butter and oil complex maintains skin moist and resilient with moisture and oil balance care.
• Panthenol and skin damage care ingredient madecassoside to soothe irritated skin from external/ internal stress.
• 10 kinds of harmful ingredients free (animal ingredient, mineral oil, pigment, fragrance, polyacrylamide, silicone, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Triethanolamine, PEG surfactant, paraben)
• EWG Green grade ingredients used only.


Ingredients:
water, propanediol, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, polyglyceryl-3 methylglucose distearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, cetearyl alcohol, panthenol, madecassoside, camellia sinensis leaf extract, 1,2-hexanediol, potassium carbomer, xanthan gum, butylene glycol, disodium edta


From Cosdna Rating, the ingredient list looks quite safe.
Cetearyl Alcohol is a fatty alcohol which is beneficial to skin. But skip this if you have an allergy to it.


It didn't come with any box but the tubes were all sealed as seen above.


The dispense opening has a small opening so you can dispense precise amount. Just to add on, it doesn't come with any foil sealed at the opening.
How to use:
Dispense a pearl-size amount on the back of the hand, apply on the face, and press skin steadily to promote absorption into skin.


I squeezed more to show you guys, you should be using lesser. It isn't very occlusive, so there is not much of heavy feeling or film left behind.

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: Sensitive damage care solution which reduces skin irritation and cares damage.
I change products really often hence I am very prone to get sensitivity and irritation issues. This moisturiser helps in soothing especially for redness. I wouldn't say it helps 100% in stopping acne but more of calming down really irritated skin.
Claim 2: Slightly acid pH similar to skin acidity cares healthy skin.
I tested using my PH strip and it showed a result of pH5.5-6. So it is true this product is slightly acidic, which cares for healthier skin.
Claim 3: Shea butter and oil complex maintains skin moist and resilient with moisture and oil balance care.
Shea Butter has such a large healing fraction, in addition to moisturizing fraction, regular use of this natural cream can treat many skin problems, including blemishes, wrinkles, itching, sunburns, small skin wounds, eczema, skin allergies, insect bites, frost bite, and other skin conditions. It did helped me alot on my skin redness especially my cheeks.
Claim 4: Panthenol and skin damage care ingredient madecassoside to soothe irritated skin from external/ internal stress.
Panthenol is Vitamin B5 which moisturize, soothe, heal and regenerate the skin. Together with madecassoside it helped out my sensitive skin a lot. This was the reason why I repurchased it.

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Did not come with a box, just with a seal. Simple white packaging with blue words over it. Minimal packaging.

| Smell |
~ Scentless.

| Color? |
~ White, leaning to watery, cream.

| Pros |
~ Wasn't tacky.
~ Contains mild ingredients which doesn't agitate skin.
~ Suitable for combination skin types, not sure if it's gonna be sufficient for drier skin types.
~ Did not clog my pores.
~ Helped with my redness so much!
~ Better as a night moisturiser over the day.
~ A peace of mind when applying.

| Cons | 
~ It doesn't stay well under make up if applied in the day for me.
~ Not sure why 'water' is the first main ingredient hmm.

| Would I buy this again? |
Initially I tried out the sample and I got in love with it hence I purchased the full size. It's a great moisturiser suitable for oily-combo skin. Some of my dearies asked me if this would be enough for winter + dry skin, I don't think so. It isn't occlusive as what I thought it would be. It helped with my skin redness and calming down blemishes. So yeah!

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Etude House Singapore.

| Ratings on this product |
4.2/5 Hearts.

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

xoxo,
Jean Kuah

You Might Also Like

0 comments