2017 Best Of Kbeauty For Sensitive Skin (Like me!)

23:13:00


Hi there! It's a requested post so I decided to talk about my favourite skincare profucts for 2017. I have oily and sensitive skin type. So for this post it's gonna be more for people that are facing oily, sensitive, acne prone skin concerns. I only share products with I am very confident with in this post.


Cleansing Water:
The winner goes to Dr Jart Dermaclear Micro Water.
It's a gentle cleansing water which cleanses off impurities from my skin. I use this as my morning cleanser and also bought out a mini bottle everyday just in case I need to remove my cakey makeup for a fresh new layer of makeup. It has no fragrance and is perfect for sensitive skin type me.



Cleansing Oil:

The winner goes to Innisfree Olive Real Cleansing Oil.
I had been repurchasing this particular cleansing oil for over 2 years. It's a very hydrating and moisturising cleansing oil which does not leave the skin feeling tight. I do this for first cleanse and it removes all my make up throughly. My mum was convinced by me and she totally got hooked on it too whooops.


Cleansing Gel:
The winner goes to Purito Defense Barrier pH Cleanser.
It totally blew off my mind as I tried it. Cosrx would had won my heart for year 2017 but miraculously I managed to meet this cleanser and I fell in love with it. It doesn't have a funky smell and is very gentle on my sensitive skin. It leaves my skin feeling supple even after rinsing. I love it so much and most importantly it's so affordable. I really need to stock this up.
*Product is gifted by Purito Official but all opinions remains honest.



Lip & Eye Remover:

The winner goes to Heroine Make Mascara Remover + Apieu Mineral Eau Marine Lip Eye Remover.
I am quite fuss free with lip and eye remover as long they do not sting my eyes or smell horrible. The mascara remover is great, I had repurchased this product for over 2 years too and it helps to gently remove all traces of mascara without the need to aggressively tug my eyes.
I also look into the price range too so this particular product from Apieu won my heart because of it's effectiveness and price point. It doesn't sting my eyes. I love this combination so much!



First Treatment Essence:

The winner goes to Missha The First Treatment Essence Intensive Moist.
I was really struggling with the Primera and this one. Primera is a soothing essence I would say and this is a brightening and evening of skintone essence in my case. I do use a lot of soothing products in my routine so this seems to be a better option in my case. It gave me softer and firmer skin after completing the entire bottle. I repurchased this also. The price point for this is more affordable than Primera too - as seen from various online resellers.


Toner:
The winner goes to Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner & Etude House Soon Jung pH 5.5 Relief Toner.
I am a great fan of toners and I buy lots and lots of toners to try out. But my favourite were definitely these two this year - especially when I combined use with both. Klairs toner has a thicker consistency which can replace an essence. It's very hydrating and soothing especially cooling down my skin temperature. The Etude House toner is very lightweight and I love to use this with a cotton pad to wipe off any impurities from my skin. On days where I have really red and dull skin, I simply pour this onto cotton pads and leave them on my face for 5-10 mins as it helps to clam and hydrate my skin.



Chemical Exfoliators:

The winner goes to Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid & Cosrx AHA Whitehead Power Liquid.
I love them so much that I can't live without them. The BHA liquid helps my blackheads so much especially when used with a clay mask. It helps to control my skin's blemishes by keeping my pores clean. The AHA is extremely helpful towards my close comedones and also my acne blemishes. I love these two because they always help to resolve my skin issues without fail.



Serums/Essences/Ampoule:

The winner goes to Cosrx Propolis Ampule and The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%.
I am on my 3rd bottle of the Niacinamide and I love using this one in the morning since I can't use it at night with AHA. It helps to control my sebum production and skin blemishes. I know it definitely helped my makeup to stay on longer because I see a big difference when I am not using it. The Cosrx was a new find and I was surprised by the propolis effects on my skin. I have oily and acne prone sensitive skin so I think the key is to not use this everyday but alternate it and it gave me the softest skin ever. So, yay to both!


Wash Off Mask:
The winner goes to Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Colour Clay Mask Cica .
My nose pores was badly congested and I knew I needed a clay mask. I implemented this in and I swear, I totally took on a new perspective towards clay mask  again. Clay masks is so important to me as I have such oily skin and large pores, it helps to draw out impurities from my skin. It's very gentle with a clean ingredient list. I am using this now every alternate day. My pores looks cleaner these days which I am glad to report.


Spot Treatments:
The winner goes to Cosrx Centella Blemish cream, Cosrx BHA Skin Returning Asol and Hiruscar Aniti Acne Spot Gel.
I picked all 3 because they have different consistency and are the best acne treatments for me so far. The Cosrx Centella Blemish Cream is useful for upcoming small pimples only. The Asol is good for spot treating my big ass acnes. I simply pump two pumps onto a cotton wool and tear it into smaller pieces and apply on the areas of concern. For the spot gel it's great for morning use since it's colorless and it helps my bigger acnes too. I like this one pretty much in fact and I am on my 3rd tube.


Eye Cream:
The winner goes to Innisfree jeju Lava Seawater Eye Serum.
Eye creams are a must and I got curious on this eye serum. It's very lightweight and absorbs really fast that I wasn't scared I would get bumps under my eyes. It came with a metal applicator which was so convenient to apply and the cold tip depuffs the eyes. I really love this but the price tag is putting me off. But still I enjoyed using this because my eyes area looks so well hydrated everytime when I used it.


Moisturizer:
The winner goes to Etude House Balm Panthensoside 5, La Roche Posay Toleraine Ultra Nuit and Apieu Madecassoside Cream.
The La Roche Posay is my night moisturiser. It is very gentle on my sensitive skin, sealing off all the products I had applied in my previous step. I like to mix this with a drop of Squalane oil and it leaves my skin soft after prolong use. The Apieu madecassoside cream is my day moisturiser which I loved using. It leaves a velvety finishing which was a perfect make up base for me. It also calms my acne or pimples down as I saw big improvements while using this cream. It's one of my holy grails. The Etude House cica balm is something extra I would add in when I am facing redness, hot flushes and sensitivities. It's by far my favourie cica balm as it's not heavy, not oily and suffocating. I love this one the most.


Sunscreen:
The winner goes to Innisfree Daily UV Protection Cream & Hanyul Pure Sun Screen.
I have both of this up because, one has a white cast and one doesn't. The Hanyul one has a white cast while the Innisfree don't. Innisfree sun cream spreads out easily without the need to tug or pull the skin. The Hanyul sunscreen leaves a more matt finishing with a white cast instead. Both are my favourite because both are crazily suitable for my sensitive skin without breaking me out.


Lip:
The winner goes to Etude HouseKissable Moisture Lip Care.
It was a battle between this and Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. This won a little. I applied this essence thickly over my lips before sleep and wash it off with a cleansing water in the morning. Results? Hydrated lips for at least 10 hours. No cracking nor peeling lips. It may dry at the end of the day since I work in an air conditioned environment but a lip balm can easily solve my problem. The Laneige one didn't last me up to 10 hours but lesser, and the price point of the Etude House one wins definitely. This has a peachy scent which I loved too!


Sheet Mask:
The winner goes to Leaders Insolution Aloe Mask, Etude House Ceramide Mask and Apieu Brocolli Mask.
My skin gets hot so easily and it's so important for me to use a mask to cool it down. I mask everyday since my skin gets red and hot easily.
The aloe mask is great when I facing allergies or hives. It fixes my skin and gives me back my skin vitality.
The ceramide mask is great when I am having dull and dehydrated skin. It plumps up my skin instantly till the next day. Ceramide is a powerful ingredient to repair skin barrier for healthier skin.
The brocolli mask is my favourite mask. Lightweight essence and safe ingredient list were plus points to me. It's a basic mask that I would reach out for daily and also when my skin is too sensitive for too many things.

I hope I had shared all my favourites product well in this post and if you have any enquiries feel free to chat me up! It's a joy to know more people that are also concern about their skin while chatting up with them. 2017 had been a fruitful year for me as I had gained more knowledge and understanding on what my skin wants, likes or dislikes. I wish all my readers, followers a Happy New Year and I wish everyone all the best. Better skin this year~!

Jean Kuah x

You Might Also Like

0 comments