Guardian Pony Brown Root Water Daily Care Mask Review

01:02:00


Hello guys, back with another sheet mask review. Since one of Instagram followers requested me to do a review on the Guardian Pony Brown mask, how could I say no! Ps: I do hear and do it for you guys, so let me know if you want me to try out any products. I would say Ponybrown is a well known cartoon character in Korea. It's great to hear Guardian actually collaborated with them! *Happy*

Anyway, let's start the talk on the mask shall we?


What is it:
Say goodbye to rough skin with Ponybrown’s Root Water Repairing Mask. Enriched with Paeonia Lactiflora, Peony Root, Cnidium Officinale Root, and Bletilla Striata Root, damaged skin is repaired and moisturised, ensuring softer, smoother, and healthier skin.

Each mask is made with a specific skin concern in mind, but if you simply can’t resist their cuteness, get them all! They will make your skin beautiful and healthy just the same. Head on to your nearest Guardian and pick your favourite today! After all, your skin deserves a little pampering.

The back packaging: Enjoy a joyful plant root water treatment offered by Pony Brown Root Water Repairing Black Mask. Formulated with various plant root water essences derived from Paeonia Lactiflora Root, Peony Root, Cnidium Officinale Root and Bletilla Striata Root, it helps deliver root water benefits to delicate skin. With black mask sheet, it fits well on face contour, to promote superior moisturising benefit. Day by day, skin looks moisturised, smoothed with natural glow complexion.


Ingredients:
Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Betaine, Trehalose, Ppg-26-buteth-26, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor 0il, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ammonium Acryloyldimethylitauratenp Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Artemisia Capillaris Flower Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernal Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat Bran Extract), Sclerotium Gum, Hyaluronic Acid, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Water, Saururus Chinensis Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Cnidium Officinale Root Water, Paeonia Root Water, Chamomillarecutita (Matricaria Flower Etract Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Nelumb0 Nucifera Root Water, Arnicachamissonis Flower Extract Curcumalonga Turmeric) Root Water, Juglans Regia (Walnut Leaf Extract), Daucus Carota Sativa (Carro) Root Water, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Water, Alpinia Officinarum Root Water, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ryoku-cha Ekisu, Bletilla Striata Root Water, Parfum, Sodium Hyaluronate.


The essence is very watery, it drips.


When spread out, it's easily absorbed by the skin since it's very watery.


The mask material is very soft, made from Rayon.
To help you to understand the sheetmask material better: (From worse to best)
*Non-woven fiber – Cheapest, difficult mobility, low capacity to deliver serum into your skin.
*Cottons – Inexpensive, difficult mobility, low capacity to deliver serum into the skin (but better than the non-woven fiber)
*Pulp – Finer texture than fiber mask, the fit of a pulp mask will be a bit uneven, with gaps noticeable between the mask and your skin (adhesion loss). As with a fiber mask, the serum in a pulp mask will evaporate fairly quickly. (Rayon falls here)
*Hydrogel – Little pricey, great absorption system, gel-type consistency, two separate parts (top and bottom) to apply on face, difficult mobility, fits the shape of the face well
*Bio cellulose – Expensive, all-natural material, adheres to the skin well, better absorption properties, comfortable mobility.

Does it does what it claims?
Claims: Enriched with Paeonia Lactiflora, Peony Root, Cnidium Officinale Root, and Bletilla Striata Root, damaged skin is repaired and moisturised, ensuring softer, smoother, and healthier skin.
I'm having rather sensitive skin these days. Since it's a repairing mask plus it's a black mask, I decided to try out this one. With it's soothing ingredients, I had faith in it haha! Plus the Cosdna results was great, it shows low irritants. My skin did felt smoother after use but I did not see any brightening effect, my skin still looks quite dull.
+ Skin has a reaction 2 days later. Read on below for latest update.

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ I like the illustration on the packaging, it's really cute.

| Smell |
~ No fragrance, I couldn't smell any on this one? The smell reminds me of Sexylook masks.

| Color? |
~ Colorless, very watery form which skin can easily absorb.

| Pros |
~ No allergic reactions.  (Reactions were seen 2 days later.)
~ Skin feels very soft after use.
~ No stickiness, no tackiness.
~ Affordable.
~ Soothed my sensitive skin.
~ The mask adheres very well, normally when I am blowing hair the other masks I wear will slide down haha.
~ Skin feels hydrated.
~ Contains Hyaluronic Acid.
~ The sheet mask is very comfortable, it's very soft.
~ No strong fragrances detected.
The ingredients list contains only 1 irritant ingredients which is still acceptable.You might wanna patch test first just in case.  >click this to check< 

| Cons | 
~ It contains Paraben, which can irritate sensitive skin. (I suspect it was paraben that caused a reaction. I always refrained from using products containing Paraben but decided to give it a try.)
~ Alcohol, sensitive skin do take note.
~ The mask is soaked with essence however, the sachet has no leftover essence inside.
~ Skin still looks dull after use.

| Would I buy this again? |
I do like this mask, it's affordable plus there's an ongoing promotion (Buy 2 free 1 where one is $1.95). Black sheet masks are pretty limited around, the material of this mask is really comfortable too and most importantly it adheres pretty well on my face. So, why not? I would line this up after Naruko Shine Control & Blemish Clear Mask in fact. Although I didn't see any signs of immediate brightening, my skin looks supple the next morning. Furthermore, I wasn't expecting much from this mask as it was just a Guardian's House Brand. But, I was so wrong!
Latest Update(23rd April 2017): At first I did not realize this mask was the one that made my skin worse! I decided to hop on to use another mask from the same series and boom, the same thing happened. I doubt it's coincidence. My cheek area still feels sensitive, red and with bumps. It may be because of the parabens as it's quite high up on the ingredient list. It's a pity as the mask is nice, it contains helpful ingredients too. I think it may not be suitable for sensitive skint types. If you are ok with parabens, you can give it a try still. I will not repurchase.

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Guardian, Woodlands Singapore.

| Ratings on this product |
3.5/5 Hearts! (1/5 Hearts and reason why I still gave 1 was because the ingredients listed inside are good and that's still a fact. The packaging is great too, mask sheet material was comfortable. It just didn't work out for my skin.) 
(If they removed paraben, I would definitely rate it a 4!)

* Words in read are updated thoughts as of 23rd April 2017.

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

-Jean

You Might Also Like

0 comments