Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence Review

01:32:00


Since this was frequently requested and repeatedly asked, I decided to blog on this treatment essence first. Having said so, I had been using it consecutively for a few months and now left with about 10ml. Initially, I wasn't pinning much hopes on this product as it's ingredient list was way shorter than what I expected when compared with the innisfree one. It's also  really affordable.


What it is:
This clear essence contains Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate to transform your skin from dull to bright and resilient. This 7-free formula is free of paraben, colorant, fragrance, alcohol, animal oil, mineral oil, or benzophenon.  It contains chamomile extract, witch hazel extract, green tea extract etc.  It is also great for sensitive skin.  It can be used on acne prone skin to calm redness and inflamation.

Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate consists of 50% natural protein and it contains amino acid for our skin.  Best when used right after washing face.


How to Use:
Wash your face and towel dry.  With a cotton pad or a cotton ball, pour out generous amount and apply on the entire face.  Continue with daily skincare.


The ingredient list is stated on the box.


I took a screenshot of the Cosdna analysis too, the ingredients are relatively safe.


It's a frosted glass bottle which is see through. In this case, it could be easily gauge on how much product is left.


There is a stopper.


It's very watery and absorbs into skin easily as seen. It gives off a cooling and refreshing feeling. 

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: Contains Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate to transform your skin from dull to bright and resilient. Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate consists of 50% natural protein and it contains amino acid for our skin.
I didn't see any difference at the start when I used this product. It was only after half or 3/4 of the bottle I see my skin looking brighter. Amino acid is which the cells are stimulated to produce more collagen and elastin. The magic was, I do feel my face, the cheeks and the jaw areas skin more firmed up!
Claim 2: It contains chamomile extract, witch hazel extract, green tea extract etc.  It is also great for sensitive skin. 
Been seeing chamomile more around, I didn't know this one contains it. Loving all of these ingredients that's included inside, as it's been proven to soothe sensitive skin. It's so gentle on me that it doesn't break my sensitive skin out.
Claim 3: It can be used on acne prone skin to calm redness and inflammation.
I started this essence when my skin wasn't in the best stage. I wanted to try and see if it really works like it claims. It did not worsen, I couldn't tell if this was the one helping or just the other products taking effect.

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Frosted glass bottle. It's very heavy which is not convenient to bring about for travel. I decanted it into a mist bottle for faster application after cleansing.

| Smell |
~ Subtle sweet scent.

| Color? |
~ Colorless, watery.

| Pros |
~ Did not break me out.
~ Brightening effect seen after  continuous usage.
~ Suitable for oily skin, lightweight.
~ Very refreshing when spritz on.
~ My skin looks more 'tightened'.
~ No Alcohol.
~ No strong fragrance.
~ Affordable!
The ingredients list has 2 listed irritants. You might wanna patch test first just in case. Other than that, the list looks pretty safe.  >click this to check< 

| Cons | 
~ Takes way too long to see effects.

| Would I buy this again? |
I might repurchase as it's affordable and did what it claims. Many FTE contains alcohol where I would tend to avoid. I don't mind but I try not to. This is gentle enough for my sensitive skin and delivers what it promises. I will repurchase in future. However for now, I just started on the Naruko Face Renewal Essence. I will update another review again soon!

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Althea.

| Ratings on this product |
4/5 Hearts.

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

xoxo,
Jean Kuah

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've tried an emulsion and a cleansing foam from this brand and I really don't like them so I got a really bad first impression on Secret Key ahahha And as you've said it takes time to see results I'm not tempted to buy it ! I can recommend you if you looking for an essence that brightens your skin, the A’PIEU Essential Source Micro Essence I absolutly love it as it brightens my skin tone instantanly! I'll soon make a detailed review on my blog if you're interested ! :D
    LOVE, MICHY !

    PS : I absolutly love your blog ! It's beautiful and you're really pretty too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michy,

      Sorry to hear the products didn't work for u! Alright I will check it out soon, haven't heard much on Apieu's skincare range. Appreciate the recommendation!

      Thank you so much dear for your kind words :)

      Delete
  2. which one better? secret key or sk II?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear, I have yet to try out SKll so I can't tell. But this is a decent, basic FTE. It's not holy grail but for the price paid for is definitely worth it. Now I'm on Naruko, I quite like Naruko one instead.

      Delete
    2. Naruko vs Secret, which is better? Looking forward to your Naruko review!

      Delete
    3. Naruko is better! I would work on it x

      Delete