Innisfree Green Tea Fresh Skin Review

19:37:00


Believe it or not but I had been using this toner from Innisfree for more than a year and till date I am still using it. Honestly, I can't figure out why am I so addicted to this toner! There's something about it that attracts me somehow. I sing praises on this product for so often but your mileage may vary (YMMV). I have used over 20 bottles of these. Been returning these bottles to get $1 credit for my next purchase too. Let's see what's it about!


What it is:
Oily Type: A fresh toner for deep hydration and nourishment made from green tea and green tea seeds.

A moisturizing and nourishing serum containing eco-friendly Jeju fresh green tea and green tea seeds More moisturizing and refreshing than ever before!

1. Green tea extracted from fresh green tea leaves harvested on Jeju Island is rich in amino acids and minerals that help keep the skin moisturized. 
2. A clear toner that removes dirt and sebum from pores, leaving your skin refreshed and moisturized 
3. Willow bark extract helps remove dead skin cells and purifies your skin. 

*Product suggestions for the 3 most common types of skin
- oily skin: The green tea fresh line
- combination skin: The green tea balancing line
- dry skin: The green tea moisture line
- special moisturizing and nourishing care line: The green tea seed line

What else you need to know:
Free from: parabens, synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, imidazolidinyl urea

How to use:
Apply toner to a cotton pad and gently wipe it around your face, avoiding your eyes and mouth. 


Firstly, I'm very particular with toners containing Alcohol. If it's avoidable, I would. There are other products I had used with Alcohols, but I try to limit it to 1-2 product in my routine if it consists of alcohol. Why? In long term, alcohol may be damaging to your skin. To add on, since toner is the most important step in a routine, I made sure to pick up one without any Alcohol too.

By the way, this was my first AB toner.


There are 3 lines for the Green Tea Series to suit to individuals Skin Type.
Oily Skin - Fresh Line (I picked this as my skin was really oily)
Combination Skin - Balancing
Dry Skin - Moisture

Ingredients:
The green Tea Extract (89.0%), Propanediol, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, Orchid Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Tangerine Extract, Orange Extract, Glycerin, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Polysorbate20, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Menthoxypropanediol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

It's 200ml per bottle.


Came sealed with a stopper. Hate to remove these when I don't have any nails :(


The toner is in a liquid form, which means it absorbs fast too. Love the refreshing feeling when applied. You can also decant into a mist bottle and use as a mist too. The green tea fragrance freshens me up when I do that.

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: Green tea extracted from fresh green tea leaves harvested on Jeju Island is rich in amino acids and minerals that help keep the skin moisturized. 
When I started using this toner with super bad skin, I was thankful that it did not cause a reaction as the fragrance was strong. My skin feels more moisturize with slight oil control improvement. But it wasn't really a big difference. But skin feels so much more hydrated after every single use!
Claim 2: A clear toner that removes dirt and sebum from pores, leaving your skin refreshed and moisturized.
Love to use this with a cotton pad as it removes all the dead skin cells, gunks, whatever that's bad, all on the cotton pad. You can see the yellow stuffs residues(ew) and just to be safe, I tried to wipe a second layer, the cotton pad was so clean!
Claim 3: Willow bark extract helps remove dead skin cells and purifies your skin.
Like what I mention, all the residues were removed throughly which means clearer skin in the long run!!!

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Eco friendly box packaging. The bottle is plastic, which is light and convenient for travel. It's a packaging which looks clean and promising. It's look through so you can see how much product is left.

| Smell |
~ Strong Green Tea Scent. It's quite heavily fragranced. But after long term usage, I got immune to the scent. 

| Color? |
~ Transparent.

| Pros |
~ No allergic reactions.
~ Refreshing and cooling when used.
~ Slight Oil Control.
~ Suitable for oily skin, did not made my face oiler.
~ Lightweight packaging suitable for travel.
~ Helps with skin redness.
~ No Alcohol.
The ingredients list had no listed irritants. You might wanna patch test first just in case.  >click this to check< 

| Cons | 
~ Too heavily fragranced.

| Would I buy this again? |
I still have 2 bottles on standby. I gotten a little bored and I would prefer to venture out since there are many toners out there. But I will return to this anytime for sure! Especially if I need to calm down my skin, I always opted for this.

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Innisfree, Jem.

| Ratings on this product |
5/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments