Naruko Tea Tree Shine Control & Blemish Clear Serum Review

01:07:00


Finally!! I'm about to finish this serum and I felt it's about time for me to talk about it. Naruko had been highly raved about in the AB community for the past few months but I see the hype dying down a little recently hmm. But anyway, the tea tree range was highly recommended so I decided to grab a few products from this range. So today I will be talking about the serum first. Let's start shall we?



Claims:
1. Restrains Oil & Inhibits Bacteria
2. Clears Acne Smoothly
3. Water Retention & Repair
4. Dispels Spots & Dull Impress

Details on image above*
A 4-in-one booster for oily and blemished skin that contains 1% acne-clearing sailcylic acid.

This product contains alcohol in the ingredient list and smells literally like a bottle of alcohol. From this, I thought that the product may contain a high amount of alcohol inside. It's not very pleasant at first but after months of usage, I gradually accepted the scent.



It helps to remove shine, minimize pores, reduce blemishes and terminate acne, leaving skin flawless and firm.
This is a 4 in 1 serum prevents and lightens blemishes, controls oil secretion, and tightens pores. Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract and Salicylic Acid effectively control oil secretion and minimise pores while bacteria fighting agents prevent blemish formation.


Another point that I really really have to praise Naruko on, would be how environmental friendly they are. Their mask boxes, serum boxes are all reusable into holders. Isn't that thoughtful? It also means that you get compliment holders/organisers for free by purchasing their products :p


They included instructions in English & Chinese too. Thoughtful~


It's a pump type dispenser and the bottle was kinda heavy since it's made of glass. Be careful not to drop it as high chance, it might shatter. Just felt that this particular packaging was kinda fragile. On the other side it feels expensive too because of it's sturdy packaging.


It looks thick and concentrated but once blended, I considered it lightweight. Having said that, I do feel slight tackiness but it didn't really bother me much as my next step-moisturiser has a matt finishing.


The serum doesn't dry matt with slight tackiness as seen above.

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: 4 in 1 serum prevents and lightens blemishes, controls oil secretion, and tightens pores. 
I had a few acne scars before I started using this but I didn't see it fading away noticeably after months of usage. Maybe it did but it wasn't noticeable. However, I did feel my skin tightened, erm, yet my pores size remains the same. So I guess maybe it does has a tightening effect but doesn't shrink pores. My face is less oily for sure these days.
Claim 2: Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract and Salicylic Acid effectively control oil secretion and minimise pores while bacteria fighting agents prevent blemish formation.
After committing to this serum, I felt that my skin redness improved. It seems to prevent my skin from breaking out. I tried stopping this product for a few days and my skin redness came back. Not so sure if it's this product or hormonal. (Coincidences happens)

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Glass packaging which is quite heavy and inconvenient to bring about. The bottle is translucent which means you can see how much product is left inside. Comes with a reusable box packaging. Eco-friendly.

| Smell |
~ Alcohol. 

| Color? |
~ White.

| Pros |
~ No allergic reactions.
~ Cooling sensation can be felt when I use it.
~ Acne Prevention.
~ Suitable for oily skin, does not make face oily and uncomfortable.
~ Sturdy packaging, feels like good quality.
~ Helps with redness.
~ Helps acne prevention.

| Cons | 
The ingredients list contains a few acne irritant ingredients. You might wanna patch test first just in case.  >click this to check< 
~ ALCOHOL. Way too strong, it would be nice if they tone it down.
~ The bottle is heavy and not convenient to bring around.

| Would I buy this again? |
Mix feeling about this, yes and no, no and yes. But for now maybe not. I have other products that tackles acne and redness too. I'm still contemplating but there's still a chance that I may repurchase, if I can't find something better.

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Naruko, Malaysia City Square.

| Ratings on this product |
4/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

-Jean

You Might Also Like

0 comments