MKUP 5 in 1 Skin Purifier Micellar Cleansing Water Review

22:36:00


I had been hearing great stuffs about this cleansing water from MKUP but I am not a fan of it after trying out. This cleansing water was said to help soothe and improve skin but I might beg to differ. You can continue to read on to find out more.


Features and Benefits
- Removes stubborn and waterproof makeup effectively without stinging the eyes and face
- Helps soothes irritated and sensitive skin
- Contains Pansy flower extract that improves skin's firmness and elasticity, and hydrates skin for youthful appearance
- Vitamin B3 soothe & improve skin conditions. (Dehydrated yet oily skin, acne- prone skin, dull skin, redness, dark spots, sensitiveness etc)
- Sacchiride Isomerate boosts moisture retention, reduces moisture loss, maintains skin’s moisture balance, helps to reduce the dryness of face effectively.


It's said to work as a cleanser and an essence/toner too according to their website.


Here's the ingredient list. I had type it in to Cosdna and screenshot it below.


If you look at the ingredients list, the second ingredient Propylene Glycol is actually an irritant that might harm to your skin. I googled this ingredient and it was said that you may get contact allergy upon using of this product. 84 patients were patch tested with 100% propylene glycol. 5 out of 12 patch test-positive patients had allergic reactions while 7 had irritant reactions.

PEG-6 caprylic/capric glycerides & PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate ingredients had been found in my other cleansing water and my skin had shown not much reaction to them either.
Sodium Lactate is a moisturizing ingredient.

But I am not so sure which ingredient caused some sensitivity :(


It didn't came with a seal since the whole bottle was sealed up.


It's easy to dispense.


Pour the right amount onto your cotton pads and swipe gently across face to remove make up.


Here's an eyeliner marking I did using Innisfree Auto Liner Pencil.


It came off in two swipes. Not much tugging was needed. But I really dislike the smell.

I have really sensitive skin too, please stay away from this product if you have very sensitive skin.

Now comes the review summary!

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: Removes stubborn and waterproof makeup effectively without stinging the eyes and face.
It didn't however the smell was really horrible. I just wanna get done with it super fast. I guess it's because there were no fragrance. But everyone said it smelt like spoiled butter or oil haha!
Claim 2: Helps soothes irritated and sensitive skin.
It gave me hives after the first use. After the second use it made me felt like my skin became even dull. Sorry, but I am just gonna chuck it away, bye bye to my $21.
Claim 3: Contains Pansy flower extract that improves skin's firmness and elasticity, and hydrates skin for youthful appearance
Like I said, my skin looks dull with red hives, I don't think it looks youthful.
Claim 4: Vitamin B3 soothe & improve skin conditions. (Dehydrated yet oily skin, acne- prone skin, dull skin, redness, dark spots, sensitiveness etc)
Nope?..
Claim 5: Sacchiride Isomerate boosts moisture retention, reduces moisture loss, maintains skin’s moisture balance, helps to reduce the dryness of face effectively.
I have to agree it's rather moisturizing. It doesn't dry out your skin after use. I guess there were no alcohol added hence it doesn't feels dry nor tight.

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ On shelve product, no box packaging, just sealed with a plastic wrapper.

| Smell |
~ No Fragrance.

| Color? |
~ Transparent, watery.

| Pros |
~ Non-drying, skin feels moisturized upon cleaning.
~ No need to wash off!
~ Doesn't irritate eyes.

| Cons | 
~ Smells really unpleasant for me, it didn't linger but I really do not like it. My family didn't like it, so does my boyfriend.
~ It caused me skin allergy, hives etc.

| Would I buy this again? |
I implemented two new products into my skincare resume which was this product and cosrx one step clear pimple pad. The possible ingredients that could had triggered my allergy reactions would had been this product. So I will not be buying this again. Perhaps it's suitable for normal skin types but not for sensitive skin types. Not to forget, another blogger broke up hives too upon using this product. So you may wanna patch test first before use.

Update: I am using Cosrx One Step Clear Pimple Pad now and I would conclude that product is not triggering my skin.

| Where to buy? |
I got mine from SASA, Toa Payoh.

| Ratings on this product |
2/5 Hearts!
* I'm giving 2 hearts cause of it's moisturizing properties.

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

-Jean

You Might Also Like

0 comments