Cosrx - Make Me Lovely Cream Review

08:10:00


Merry Xmas guys! Hope it had been a great xmas this year for you. I am hooked up with products from Cosrx these days and I decided to try out their lovely cream. The packaging itself stands out really well, I love the design on it. It's always really troublesome to need to put on a full face of makeup especially on days I just needed something to brighten and even out my skintone when I m home, just in case some random relatives decides to pop in to my house.


Another close up shot on the packaging. Love the color combinations!


What it is
Make Me Lovely Cream (aka Meng-vely Cream) delivers covetable coverage that looks natural and makes your skin look positively smooth, radiant, and wrinkle and blemish-free. It features a pinkish base color that brightens skin instantly and whitening active ingredients like Niacinamide that lighten skin naturally over time. It also contains a powder that helps absorb sebum, so you won't have to face that gross greasy shine. Plus, it's enriched with Peach and Licorice Extracts, Ginseng Root, and other lovely ingredients that nourish and refresh your skin.


It comes in a 50ML tube which I think is alot for the price you pay for and if you compare it with the cushion version, it's more value for money too :p


Ingredient list
Deionized water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclopentasiloxane/Cyclohexasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Talc, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Powder(200:1), Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel Extract, Angelica Gigas Root Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract


The opening is sealed as shown. I always prefer tube form since it's so much more hygienic but it's a hassle to reapply in the day if needed :/


If you look at the swatch, the lovely cream has a pink undertone which brightens up when blended out. It didn't grey out anyway. I compared it with clio kill cover foundation which has a very yellow undertone. The lovely cream blends out naturally and doesn't leave a cakey look.

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: Delivers covetable coverage that looks natural and makes your skin look positively smooth, radiant, and wrinkle and blemish-free.
It looks natural plus my skin looks paler and smoother too. It looks very plumped up too. Covers redness but not darker blemishes though. Good thing was it didn't set into my large pores.
Claim 2: Features a pinkish base color that brightens skin instantly and whitening active ingredients like Niacinamide that lighten skin naturally over time.
It's a pink base which is something very new to me. It doesn't grey out your dark circles woooo! Tested and proven!
Claim 3: Contains a powder that helps absorb sebum.
I have really oily skin *coughs* Some areas seemed to be disturbed by the sebum and looks patchy and cakey. Overall it looks fine, but I think it could had been better :)

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Contemporary design, plastic tube. Comes in a box packaging.

| Smell |
~ Fragrance, mildly scented.

| Color? |
~ Pink base, one shade only.

| Pros |
~ Very natural, can be used for school too.
~ Covers up redness.
~ Not oily.
~ Requires not much skill to apply, great for beginners!
~ Tube size is not very big, so you can bring it out if you need touch up.
~ Ingredients are relatively safe. >Click here to view<
~ Reasonably priced.

| Cons | 
~ It clings onto dry patch.
~ Not suitable for DRY SKIN, high chance it will cling onto your dry spots unless you do a good moisturising job beforehand.
~ Not long lasting.

| Would I buy this again? |
I will give this a miss, for now. I will be updating this post again IF I find it useful one day. I think it's a love-hate product, not something I will definitely need among my make up stash. But this is indeed convenient and handy when a surprise visitor suddenly drops by. I can just piak this cream on in 30 seconds and face the person.

| Where to buy? |
I got mine from My Beauty Moments, Singapore.

| Ratings on this product |
3/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

-Jean

You Might Also Like

0 comments