Etude House Secret Beam Highlighter Review

00:21:00


Back with another blogpost on a product as seen above which is about to be emptied. Bought this last year and had been using it the most. As you can see, I'm hitting the pan soon and this is how much I love this highlighter! Sorry the holographic words are gone, I left it sitting in my make up pouch everyday and it was just gone one day. Aww.


What is it:
This 6-colored all-over baked shimmer powder in pearly white tone instantly enhances the complexion with a soft, youthful luminosity.

Directions:
Apply around brow and cheek bones and along bridge of nose to contour the most flattering angles of the face.


<#PINK&WHITE>:
TALC, MICA, DIMETHICONE, PHOSPHOLIPID, SILICA, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, MINERAL OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, JOJOBA ESTERS, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISO-BUTYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYACRYLAMIDE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN , LAURETH-7, RED 7 LAKE, YELLOW OXIDE OF  IRON , CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, ULTRAMARINES, RED OXIDE OF IRON , MANGANESE VIOLET, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CHROMIUM OXIDE GREEN, FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, CARMINE

RED- Parabens
GREEN- Acne Triggers Ingredients


There are 2 shades available, I picked the PinkxWhite. I preferred the color combination of this shade better too.


It's slightly chalky but I am not bothered by it. Just brush your brushes on the pact and it would pick up a light layer just enough to spread around to highlight. Try not to layer on a thick layer, if not it might look cakey.


Isn't the color combination pretty? I always think that this is a dupe for Guerlain Meterorites Compact Powder because of the resemblance of the tessellated shades. Plus this one only cost less than 20bucks which is wallet friendly. Pretty and affordable man!


The pay off is good too - for me. The shimmer isn't exaggerating. Plus it brightens my T zone areas very well too.

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: This 6-colored all-over baked shimmer powder in pearly white tone instantly enhances the complexion with a soft, youthful luminosity.
Yes it does, I like how it enhances my cheekbones and T zones. But applying too much of this may result in a cakey look.

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Simple product packaging with a transparent cover to show the pretty tessellated shades. I like the cute holographic words on the lid. It didn't come with a box, eco-friendly.

| Smell |
~ Not much smell.

| Color? |
~ 6 shades into 1.

| Pros |
~ No allergic reactions.
~ The finishing really highlights and enhances your features into a 3 dimensional look.
~ Pigmented.
~ Price is affordable too.
~ A very pretty product to own!

| Cons | 
~ Contains parabens and few other acne triggering ingredients.
~ The words drops off too easily on the packaging :(

| Would I buy this again? |
Yes, but that is if I can't find another highlighter as good as this :p I am gonna start using the other highlighters in my stash soon, I have too many queuing up to be used. I would prefer products to not contain parabens of course, so I am taking 0.5 hearts away /:

| Where to buy? |
I got mine from Etude House, Jcube.

| Ratings on this product |
4.5/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

-Jean

You Might Also Like

0 comments