Innisfree Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask Review

00:21:00


Owed this review for the longest time ever, promised to do it when I get back from Korea last year but I didn't and this was flushed way down. Let's proceed to focus on this product review from Innisfree today! Initially I love this product. But subsequently, I got a little 'meh' with it. Having said so, I am gonna do a comparison review between the tub one and can one in this post :)



WHAT IT IS
1. Superior sebum absorbing power of Super Volcanic Clusters™
2. Micro Clay Mousse applies finely enough to target pores effectively and remove find dust.
3. Fine scrub particles combined with AHA and BHA for removing a buildup of dead skin cells
4. 4-free system: free from 4 harmful additives such as mineral oil, animal ingredients, artificial fragrances and imidazolidinyl urea.

Wash away pore-clogging impurities with Jeju volcanic scoria.

Volcanic scoria is a pure, and fairly rare, ingredient formed from lava as it cools after a volcanic eruption.

It has a powerful sebum-absorbing capacity and washes away impurities while moisturizing skin, leaving it cleaner and healthier than ever before.


HOW TO USE
[Directions] Pump an appropriate amount and smooth over towel-dried skin after cleansing, avoiding the eye and lip areas. When the mask dries after 15-20 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water (use 1-2 times a week).
* Press the pump with care at first so you do not dispense the mousse too much.
* Always close the button cap and lid after use.


List of ingredients as seen above ^


Pump type dispensers makes you go YAY - hygienic and it's not gonna harden over time like a tub will. But I would say NAY because.. *look at the next image below*


It's gonna be a mess at the tip and it's so hard to close if you don't wipe it every time you pump it. I wiped it and it still looks ok but days when I did not, you can imagine how horrible it is haha.

Another thing to note is that it's pretty hard to control the amount dispensed. I tend to push too hard and dang, I wasted so many products -.-


The mousse type one is more watery?  It's really smooth and easy to spread around.
Note: My tub one had been around for quite some time so it looks drier.


When spread evenly, the mousse type one has little substances inside claimed to be AHA BHA scrub particles which the tub one doesn't have.


Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: Micro Clay Mousse applies finely enough to target pores effectively and remove find dust.
My pores are large so I especially love clay masks. I felt really refreshed after using this mousse. The clay mask sinks into my pores and I can really feel my pores 'cleaned'. I wash it off with a pore brush to make sure the clay mask doesn't get stuck inside my pores and clogs instead.
Claim 2: Superior sebum absorbing power of Super Volcanic Clusters™.
When used in long term you can slightly see your face less oily in the day.
Claim 3: Fine scrub particles combined with AHA and BHA for removing a buildup of dead skin cells.
I was really excited about this BHA & AHA thingy but I don't see much of a difference in results from the first edition (tub form). Hmm.
Claim 4: Powerful sebum-absorbing capacity and washes away impurities while moisturizing skin, leaving it cleaner and healthier than ever before.
Yes, one thing I enjoyed while using this product is, it isn't drying! It's amazing. It feels minty when applied and when rinsed off your skin feels like baby skin :o The softness is legit.

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Tin can packaging, pump type dispenser, may dent if you drop it. Material does not feel as sturdy as the tub one.

| Smell |
~ Smells decent, normal clay mask smell, I don't know really how to put it. But, it smells similar to the tub one.

| Color? |
~ Grey with bits of substances.

| Pros |
~ Sensitive areas calmed down right after use.
~ Skin looks clearer and brighter.
~ Easy to apply (watery).
~ Doesn't drip and make a mess.
~ Pump type = no hardening.
~ Slight Oil Control the next day.

| Cons | 
~ Some red spots appeared the next day/few days after use.
~ Pump dispenser was hard to control.
~ Can't see through how much is left.
~ The ingredients list contains a few acne irritant ingredients! So you might wanna patch test first.  >click this to check<

| Would I buy this again? |
hmm, not really. I liked the tub one though and if needed, I might consider buying the tub one again instead. This one didn't really met my expectations cause of the red spots. I completed 9/10 of the bottle and I guess this won't be on my repurchase list. But I will try to use it as a spot treatment instead and see if it does better that way.

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Innisfree, Jem.

| Ratings on this product |
3.5/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

-Jean


You Might Also Like

0 comments