W-lab Natural Green Tea Suncream Review

17:44:00


Finished my Laneige sunscreen so time to move on to a new sunscreen. Pretty particular with sunscreen, as I tend to break out when I tried the wrong ones, having said so it never stopped me from trying or experimenting still haha! So, let's see! Today, I will be talking about this sun cream from W lab.


What is it:
Inorganic sun screen safe on sensitive skin use.
Natural tone enhancement for clear and youthful skin looks.
Nature derived ingredients give healthy skin care.
Oil and non sticky fresh use.


Claims:
1. Strong block of UV rays: block UVA and UVB simultaneously by SPF50 +, PA ++
2. Physical Block Material: Sensitive skin is easy to use as it only uses natural UV ray blocking material.
3. Natural Skin Tone: Display clear and young looking skin and not the artificial tone up.
4. Natural Origin Ingredient including Greentea Water: Contains nature origin ingredient for healthy skin.
5. 'Moisture' omitting oily substance: Fresh adhesiveness without oil, stickiness.


Main Extracts: Green Tea Extract.


It comes in a 50ml tube, quite little? The size is travel friendly.


More description in hangul.


Screw on cap.


There should be a silver seal on the opening.


Shocked by the consistency!! This is really thick and creamy with no oil. It is my first time seeing a suncream textured like that.


Obvious white cast, I warned you yeah. But hold on, read on, it's not that bad!

Does it does what it claims?
Claim 1: Strong block of UV rays: block UVA and UVB simultaneously by SPF50 +, PA ++.
SPF 50 is great for Singapore's sunny weather especially if you are gonna stay outdoors for a period of time.
Claim 2: Physical Block Material: Sensitive skin is easy to use as it only uses natural UV ray blocking material.
The ingredient list is really clean for a sun screen. It doesn't have sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, alcohol and parabens. Did not irritate my sensitive skin.
Claim 3: Natural Skin Tone: Display clear and young looking skin and not the artificial tone up.
This is a subjective view. When my face is less red with less pimples(good skin days), this one worked like a miracle and looks great like I have natural fair skin. HOWEVER, if my skin is bumpy, red (bad skin days), this is a NO GO. Because my skin tone just looks uneven and messed up.
Claim 4: Natural Origin Ingredient including Greentea Water: Contains nature origin ingredient for healthy skin.
Yes the main ingredient is green tea extract which means it's great for soothing!
Claim 5: 'Moisture' omitting oily substance: Fresh adhesiveness without oil, stickiness.
This one dries matt but not that matt. Meaning it doesn't cling on to my dry patches. It's not oily and it stays good for 7 hours. Which I think it's pretty amazing. However, since it has this obvious white cast, if you rub your nose, it looks like make up coming off which is awkward. Thumbs up to the lasting power.

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Tube packaging, it's matt, nice to hold on. Came with a box packaging too. 

| Smell |
~ Funky smell.

| Color? |
~ A bit yellowish-beige-brownish, cream type.

| Pros |
~ No negative reactions.
~ It's not oily and sticky, easy to spread out too.
~ Dries matt but does not cling to dry patches.
~ For good skin days this works like a tone up cream and give flawless skin.
~ Controls oil.
~ Gentle on my sensitive skin.
The ingredients list has a few listed irritants. You might wanna patch test first just in case. Other than that, the list looks pretty safe.  >click this to check< 

| Cons | 
~ Easily rubbed off.
~ The smell, is really weird.
~ Does not work well with redness.

| Would I buy this again? |
I couldn't decide on this honestly! Maybe it's great for good skin days only which also means, time to source again for a new sunscreen :p I won't be repurchasing this for now or maybe in the future, it's hard to say. This one definitely won my heart over the cosrx aloe vera sun cream though. This one sets faster and is less oily and sticky.

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine from Korea, W-lab Store @ Ehwa Womens University Area.

| Ratings on this product |
3.5/5 Hearts.
UPDATE 27TH JUNE 2017
Been loving this recently, I realized if your skin ain't too red, this one helps to even out skintone well.
I had already repurchased a new tube again.
4/5 Hearts.

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

xoxo,
Jean Kuah

You Might Also Like

0 comments