Laneige - Watery Cushion Concealer Review

05:24:00


Hello people! Today I will be reviewing on the Laneige Watery Cushion Concealer! Been really obsessed with beauty products recently. Who doesn't want to be pretty *U*


First impression. It looks like a pen to me. But this is more of an 'atas' pen. Clean and sleek outer packaging, this is really a convinient tool to add into your make up pouch too. 


Loved the design. They took user methodology into account. It's irritating when you don't know how much a product is left. Here's the little 'window' to keep track of how much is left. 


Nice brush tip, felt soft to the touch. 


Here's where you click to dispense it. 


Firmly click it. It requires more click as the product is new. Subsequently, one click would be sufficient. 


Brush is soft and somehow I felt this product isn't very hygienic. We all know how dusty it is outside. Imagine touching up your make up everyday with it plus you can't wash the tip. Hmm. 


I am using Shade #1. In total there are 3 shades. I picked the lightest shade as #2 has a slight yellow tint. Plus, it's always ok to choose one shade lighter as it can act as a highlighter too.


When blended it looks quite natural. It's called watery cushion concealer but it wasn't watery in any way for me. If you wanna achieve a dewy look, you really need to consider using this sparingly. 

Coverage was fine. It can cover red spots well. 


Covered my dark eye circles quite well too. When I first used it, I wasn't very sure how it's supposed to be applied. I screwed up my make up with this in fact. 

So I'm gonna share with you guys so you don't repeat my mistakes. 


When I first used this concealer, I applied at the white areas as seen. This is because I wanted it to also act as a highlighter. If you have quite an oily skin, you might realize the concealer will oxidize at a later part of the day. It would look a bit cakey and not pleasing. Then you will have to whip out your CC cushion to touch up. Another dry application would just make it worse. 

PLUS! Don't click until the tip is really thick of concealer and apply directly on, as trying to apply this thickly, to conceal would just make things worse at the later part of the day yeah. 

So how to avoid this cakey make up using this concealer (or other concealers)?


Apply it only on your trouble spots. 
Yes the key is don't pile up so much. Since it was cakey and I didn't like it, I tried to reduce the amount of concealer I apply on. 

Definitely it works! It doesn't look dry and cakey anymore and I manage to cover my flaws still. 

Even if you have redness or acne on the whole side of your face, I suggest you spot treat it. This means you dot the concealer on your pimple and puff it out with your cushion air puff to blend it out. 

Finger application didn't really work well for me after trying for a few days. So I would really recommend to 'blend' with the air puff. Just dab dab puff puff motion and done. 

Remember to apply SPARINGLY!

Also, remember to finish off with your mist spray!!! Hydrate your skin - be it oily or dry x

| Packaging |
~ Non-Messy and convinient to keep in your make up bag. Great concept of the little window to let you know the amount of product left inside. 

| Smell |
~ There seems to be fragrance. Maybe if you have sensitive skin, you may want to pay attention to this product. But so far so good *Touch Wood*

| Color? |
~ Shade #1

| Pros |
~ Quite a high coverage concealer. Able to cover dark eye circles and red spots too. 
~ Feels light when applied. 
~ Lightweight packaging and convenient to bring around.
~ Can be used to touch up without causing any major disaster. 

| Cons | 
~ The cap is tight for me. I had sweaty palms so sometimes I get annoyed trying to open it! But it's good in another way, so it wouldn't drop and leak. So Idk if it's a pro or con. 
~ Applying too thick = cakey later on. 
~ Abit drying. Actually concealers are mostly thick and drying. If not it wouldn't be able to cover up imperfections if it's too sheered. 
~ Not hygienic for touching up. I really don't recommend.

| Would I buy this again? |
Maybe? I think there are concealers that cost about $10 cheaper and can do an equal job /: So I am still contemplating. 

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine at Metro, Laneige Counter for $35.

| Ratings on this product |
4/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

- Jean.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. HVe you tried maybeline age rewind concealer? The packaging is similar and the performance is brilliant. Ifyouve tried it howwould these two compare in performance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! :D

      I had yet to try Maybeline age rewind concealer sadly D: But if you were to compare the price point, maybelline would win. For this concealer the coverage is high, with a rather matt finishing, which I think is great. However, I didn't like touching up with this as it can cling on dry spots. This is worth a try and whether you like it or not, it really depends on what finishing you would prefer :)

      Delete