Laneige - 2015/2016 Water Sleeping Mask Review

17:56:00


Another strike off on my wishlist! I actually bought the Laneige Sleeping Mask on impulse after seeing many bloggers and ladies raving on this product. Also it's said to be the best selling product of Laneige's. To me, it's rather pricey for a sleeping mask, but was it really worth it? Let's see!


The packaging is really an eye candy. I love skincare that comes in blue packagings as it looks very cooling and refreshing. The packaging won one heart even before I started trying out the product.


As taken from Laneige's website and what it claims to do;

Moisturized, vibrant appearance of well-rested skin
Water Sleeping Mask:
Moisturizes and revitalizes skin as if you have had a good night’s sleep for 8 hours!
You probably didn’t have enough sleep due to your hectic schedule.
Even if you didn’t sleep well last night, your skin need not reflect that.
Make your skin appear refreshed and revitalized~

Four advantages of Water Sleeping Mask!
Is your skin getting the rest it deserves? The secret to well-rested skin lies in night skincare.
1. Skin purifying effect: SLEEP-TOX™ technology purifies skin during sleep, keeping it in optimum condition
SLEEP-TOX™ technology’s purifying effects help to rejuvenate and normalize skin that is often fatigued and sensitized by stress during the day. This helps the skin to achieve a well-rested appearance the next morning.
2. Skin moisturizing: MOISTURE WRAP™ helps skin retain moisture throughout the night
The dense beta-glucan moisturizing shield (network) consists of active agents such as Hydro Ion Mineral Water, evening primrose root extract, Hunza apricot extracts, and more so that skin fully absorbs the goodness during 8 hours of sleep.
3. Skin soothing: contains skin-soothing agents that are gentle on sleeping skin, helping it recover overnight
Ultra-mild, safe formula that can be worn overnight / Non-comedogenic, sensitivity tested.
4. Aromatic SLEEPSCENT™ helps you relax during sleep
SLEEPSCENT™ specially developed for Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is an AMOREPACIFIC original, allowing skin to relax and rest and boosting its ability to regenerate.
Best selling item.
Recorded 16 million in sales since its release!

How to use:
Step 1
After washing the face at night, apply toner and emulsion right before going to bed.
Step 2
Dispense an appropriate amount (2.5cm in diameter) and apply on the tip of the nose, cheeks, forehead, and chin in dots; breathe in the scent for 3 seconds.
Step 3
Spread gently along the texture of your face using outward strokes.
Step 4
After the product is absorbed into skin, leave it on overnight without washing the face. (Wash the face the next morning.)

Use 2-3 times a week.
Apply a little more than the recommended amount when your skin feels dry.
Apply on the neck for neck care.

Ingredients:

The ingredients are all quite safe so it shouldn't cause an allergy. Maybe fragrance and the colouring may affect certain individuals.


Overnight mask that gives the skin a lively, well-rested appearance the next morning thanks to its Sleep-tox™ purifying effect.


It contains 70ml and I heard the previous version had 80ml instead. However the packaging was so much nicer than the previous version.


The seal has Laneige words all over which I thought it was really nice.


I am not sure why it's blue, it seems like they added colourings to the product to get the blue hue. So for really sensitive skin individuals, I don't know if this will really suit you :/ I urge you to get a sample over the counter first.


So it looks white here but it's pretty much blue in real life due to the exposure. It's a gel like feel instead of cream. So for oily skin individuals, you can definitely try this out!


It doesn't feels sticky and heavy after application. 

So, does it does what it claims to do?
Claim 1: Moisturizes and revitalizes skin as if you have had a good night’s sleep for 8 hours!
View: I woke up and did not see much of a difference. Maybe it would after a long time usage as I had only use it twice a week, for 2 weeks.

Claim 2: Skin soothing: contains skin-soothing agents that are gentle on sleeping skin, helping it recover overnight.
View: My red patches did got a little better but I wouldn't say it helps on acne.

Claim 3: Aromatic SLEEPSCENT™ helps you relax during sleep, allowing skin to relax and rest and boosting its ability to regenerate.
View: I smell the mask pack for a few seconds everytime, but I still get my nightmares >U<

Summary of product:
| Packaging |
~ Comes in a tub form. I love the blue hues of the packaging and it's made of sturdy plastic. The packaging surface is matt. 

| Smell |
~ Sweet scented, smells refreshing. Fragrance so it might be unsuitable for sensitive skins.

| Color? |
~ It has a blue colouring but when applied it's just transparent.

| Pros |
~ It's really very moisturising.
~ It can be replaced as your moisturiser so you need not pile up too many products onto your face.
~ Perfect for the dryness, when I sleep in an aircon room. Although I have oily skin, dry air can make my face even oiler and this actually helped in my sebum production.
~ The packaging is very pretty!!

| Cons | 
~ I can't tell if this product has caused a few(1-2) pimples to appear. I only use this product twice a week.
~ Tub is unhygienic.

| Would I buy this again? |
I know many people had been raving on this product but for now I might not repurchase. I might if I see more 'good surprises' happening on my face :3 But you can give it a shot for sure, who knows it might work wonders on you?

| Where to buy? |
I bought mine at Laneige @ Causeway Point.

| Ratings on this product |
3.5/5 Hearts!

| Disclaimer |
~~Above are my actual thoughts. All thoughts are based on what I truly feel.
~ Paid with my own money. 

Have questions?
Just contact me x
Till the next time!

-Jean

You Might Also Like

0 comments